Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Just Random Info

We're getting ready to go shopping once Nicholas wakes up so just a few things we've been up to.

1.  We've met and been hanging out with a great group.  Lots of laughs and lots of support.
2.  We're officially Nicholas' parents.   Wahoo!
3.  Yesterday was a day from H - E - double hockysticks (for my nieces and nephews following along.)  We left the hotel at 9:30, went to the registration office where we officially became Jo -- I mean Nicholas' parents, then went to the Notary for more paperwork.  Back to the hotel, lunch, on van at 1 p.m. to leave for Luoyang to apply for Nicholas' passport.  2.5 hour drive one way in uncomfortable van and about 1.5 hours at DMV -- I mean passport office trying to figure that out.  Didn't get back to hotel till 7:30 p.m.  showered, dinner, sleep.  Nicholas slept for 11.5 hours.   BUT, BUT, BUT, we got our first smile and giggle in the back of the van on the way home.  we're on a bench seat and he walked back and forth between me and james about 30 times and fell into our laps and giggled.  yes, no car seats. 
4.  Nicholas will eat anything in sight and i don't think he's stop eating if left alone. 

and now i'll have to continue later because nicholas is awake and it's time to go shopping with the group! 

p.s.  i've not only been calling nicholas joseph I've been calling james joseph.  don't think i miss joseph, do you?

2 comments:

  1. Charles is 7 months old and I still call him Brian. Of course now I call Brian, Charles, and Megan, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you expecting anymore bad situations like the passport one? I love it that he was playing with you guys. I bet he and Joseph will get along great.

    OH and as for calling people the wrong name (and this includes Katie), I think that's just because you girls are getting old.

    ReplyDelete