Monday, May 28, 2012

Taking the Cracker Away - Explanation

James did not explain WHY I took the cracker away. 

Nicholas has decided he doesn't want to give up the cracker when he's not really hungry so he chews on it then spits it out, chews more then spits it out, chews more -- you get the picture.   Food is still an issue in the sense he wants it all the time but now does not really eat it.  and at breakfast with the buffet, he'll be eating one thing until he sees what you're having and then spits out what's in his mouth and stares at what you're having.

So taking the cracker away was not me being a mean mommy.  we just wanted to show you his temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way. 

Funny, I don't remember joseph's temper tantrums.  i remember him crying but i don't remember the full "throw myself on the floor" tantrum.  maybe he did.  who knows.  i barely remember yesterday.  When we went for the visa physical yesterday I asked Maggie our guide what day it was.  I thought it was Tuesday, but it was only Monday.

The trip so far has been great.  All the families get along great and there's lots of joking and lots of enjoying each others children.  It already seems that Nicholas has been with us forever instead of a week.

We Skyped with Joseph last night.  He's being such a good boy for the family back home and he was very excited to see Nicholas.  I can hardly wait for those two to meet! 

Everyone, today is the day for mommy --- SHOPPING! 

oh, speaking of shopping, james went shopping yesterday and bought some little outfits for nicholas and some shoes.  nicholas was sleeping and i was laying on the bed.  James walked in, dropped a couple bags and said, "those aren't going back if they don't fit."  gotta love dads! 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I just scratch my head at how similar WE are to both of YOU. I could so totally see Jason saying the exact same thing! I hope you don't feel guilty for posting a video of N throwing a fit. Keep in mind that he is an almost 2 year old and will most definitely throw fits when he doesn't get what he wants. You guys are doing a great job getting to know each other while in a foreign land and stuck in a hotel room! Miss you guys and I am so glad to hear (and see) that things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha we all know what a mean mom you are :). My children never threw fits. ;) (sarcasm for those unacquainted to me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my [James'] defense: the reason we took away the cracker was explained in the video.

      Delete