Sunday, May 20, 2012

Meeting Nicholas

While Nicholas finally takes a nap, I'll post a bit about our morning.

We met everyone in the hotel lobby at 9:30 and took a bus to meet our little ones.  The first little girl came in, started crying when her mom took her from the caregiver and I broke down.  It was gonna turn into an ugly cry until one of the moms came over and said I've heard if you do math in your head it will help you stop crying.  so that's what a I did until the next little one came in!

Our Nicholas was the last one (of course) and he was so quiet no one even noticed we had our little man!  

He is so tiny.  I mean like a 9-month-old baby tiny.  I brought one 12-month outfit and it's a little big on him.  most everything i have is 18 months or 2T so it looks like we'll be SHOPPING! 

There's so much to say I don't know where to start!  Let's start with the funny stuff.....

So we meet him and he's very quiet just taking everything in.  SO, hey, let's see if he's hungry and thirsty and, sure enough, he eats some Puffs and takes a little drink of water.  After everyone has all their children, pictures taken, documents signed, back to the bus we go to the hotel!

Again, Nicholas, is doing just fine UNTIL..... we're a couple blocks from the hotel and he vomits and vomits and vomits -- ON JAMES!    Thank goodness James was holding him and was next to the window.  I didn't know I could jump that fast out of a bus seat!  Our poor little boy.  He already had a three-hour trip from the orphange to ZZ and then we put him on a bus 20 minutes later!  And with the shock of strangers taking him, no wonder he threw up! 

Side note -- for anyone who doesn't know us, the ironic thing is Joseph threw up on me in Korea when we were ready to leave the hotel to fly home!  So there's a story that the two of them will be able share -- we threw up on our parents when they came to get us....

James is quite smitten by the little guy.  that's why he was holding him on the bus.  I had to ask to hold him so James would take a couple pictures of Nicholas with me!    However, in the hotel room James put him down and I put out my arms and he held out his arms and walked over to his mama!  Just makes ya wanna cry!

So enough about us and on with the pics! 







9 comments:

  1. Swoon! I am in love, love, love! Woke up this morning and dashed to the computer. So glad he is in your arms....the vomit part not so much but thankfully on James and not on you! Can't wait to see more pics as you continue to get to know each other. What a peanut! Big, big <> to all 3 of you!

    Much love from the Marchik Family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at those big bright eyes taking everything in --- so much to see ... and so much more to come!

    More love from the Mom, MIL and Gramma of the various Marchik family members!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable and we all cant wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the kids today by myself so I just checked in and was so surprised!!!! He is so precious! I can't believe he is so small. I can't wait to get to hold him. Hope the rest of your trip is great with no problems.

    Love from Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little guy. I find that hilarious that he barfed all over Jamie. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is from Audrey.
    Nicholas is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I <3 Little Nick!But YYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(
    How can you get him to speak English?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, he's just beautiful! I'm available on the 3rd if you want me to watch him! Ha! ;) Just think how crazy all five of our boys will be together. Can't wait until he's settled in and able to play!

    M and D think he's "so cute" and they're full of questions! I think C might even be bigger than Nicholas, which is appropriate since Joseph is bigger than D!

    Can't wait to meet Nicholas in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Craney 's!!!!!!! We LOVE the pictures!!! Nicholas is so sweet! We are so happy for you guys! And after crying from seeing your pictures I was then laughing like crazy reading all you wrote! Poor little guy, I hate he got sick but it was pretty funny that James got it this time! From now on maybe you'll need to travel with a bucket handy! We love you and well be praying for a smooth transition. Can't wait till you guys and us and marchiks can get together! Guess you better get home from china first, eh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! He is so stinking cute... Julia puked on me right before our flight back to the US... 24 hours of smelling vomit on myself... i had changes of clothes for Julia but not for me... brings back memories... have to smile puke and all .... good memories

    ReplyDelete