Sunday, May 20, 2012

Zhengzhou

So, here we are, about to meet our son in approximately 17 hours.  Just unreal.  No idea what to expect.  We got a short update about Nicholas on our way to the hotel.  Just his schedule, what he eats, what he likes to play with.  That's about it.  I just can't wait to see the little guy!  Please send good thoughts his way because we're taking him away from everything he's known for the 2 years of his life! 


Here's a  pic of the gifts I'm sorting through.





Below is a couple pics of stuff I've brought for Nicholas.  I'm trying to sort it out because I feel like I've been preparing and packing for weeks and, frankly, I've forgotten what I've brought.  Short on toys I see, but no worries!  Walmart is around the corner! 






Airport and bus travels....




 I'll post pictures of Nicholas as soon as i can! 

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys - almost makes me want to cry!! Hope all is well. Wish I could figure out the time difference....

    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. On pins and needles here.....

    The Marchik Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a menonite in your group? That's really shocking to me. I'm often surprised though.

    I hope the travel home is less exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking that you are meeting/holding/loving on Nicholas for the first time right about now, I wanted to add my very best wishes in all the excitement! I have to say my heart catches a bit just thinking about your joy at this time. When you're a long way from home it's always a warm feeling to know others are "with you" too --- I'll consider this a practice run for my emotions later on this summer with Katie and Jason :)

    Joanne (Katie's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, you're so sweet to be following along. wish we could have taken another journey with katie and the gang, but, as we know, things happen for a reason. and the reason is this guy needs us. he's so tiny! he's 2 and wearing size 6/9 month. we're off to shop this afternoon as everything i brought was 18 months, but i'm hoping he'll be in those soon once we get him home and shower him with love and security! thanks for your warm wishes!

      Rebecca

      Delete