Monday, June 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Well, we made it!  It's Monday morning.  Been home for about 30 hours.  All would be just about perfect if it weren't for Nicholas' fear of the dogs.  If anyone has advice about that, would love to hear it!  The cat he tolerated because, let's face it, my cat is the family cat and as far as the cat's concerned, Nicholas is just a visitor so no need to go say hi.

BUT the dogs.  oh, my, word.  Terrified is not a strong enough word.  Well, let's see.  Remember how we told everyone that he thinks water is like hot lava?  Well, the dogs are pretty much like hot lava too.  They don't have to really be near him but if sees them moving in his direction, screaming sets in.  We hope this too shall pass 'cause my pets have been my family for almost 7 years now so they're here to stay!

Other than that, he loves his big brother, loves playing with all the toys and would pretty much just mosey around by himself except for the dogs which then means he has to be in our laps and with James going to work today, that would be my lap.  AND, if you could see this house (which was straight and cleaned when we arrived home Saturday evening) you would know I cannot hold a 2-year-old all day! 

Oh, yeah, I did terrify Nicholas again last night by putting him in the bathtub with Joseph.  Screamed the entire time, but he had to have a bath!  But then after he dried off and peed on the floor he stood at the side of the bathtub to watch Joseph.  But since Nicholas was out of the tub with mom, Joseph had to be out of the tub with mom.  When he did pee on the floor, Joseph said:  Nicholas, No!  You don't pee on the floor! 

This summer will be insane and lots of crazy times and it just makes me smile.  So when I call you, my friends, and say what did I do, remind me of this post.  I love my boys and I especially love watching them together. 

Joseph did tell Nicholas yesterday that you have a family; this is your mommy and this is your daddy.  BUT he also asked me later why did we get a baby brother.  When I told him I wanted another boy and I wanted him to have a baby brother, he said, But I didn't want a baby brother.  Ah, siblings. 
Joseph is up and down on whether this baby brother is a good idea or not.  I know, typical big brother.   Actually, both brothers are jealous of each other when it comes to mom and dad's attention.  Nicholas has been the center of our world for two weeks so he expects the same attention and then Joseph has been on vacation with aunts and uncles and grandparents so now that he's home he's realizing his world has changed a bit.  

I could ramble on forever, but I want to go enjoy my cup of coffee in peace.

I'll post some pics later. 

2 comments:

  1. As you might remember, Paul hated baths too. Have you tried placing him in the tub with no water to get him used to the idea? Then maybe slowly introduce some water.. Just a thought, it helped with Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!!!! Oh, the bath trauma!! And nia HATED her baths too! It was terrible! Katie's idea is great! We also ended up using a little blow up tub that fits in the tub. You could try it without having it in the bathroom. Like in the kitchen or someplace where the floor could get a little wet. Then it is more like a little pool. Hang in there! Your a great mama, the first couple weeks are the hardest trying to get everyone acclimated. Not to mention your probably tired right???? ;)

    ReplyDelete